Replacing Your Dual Purpose Battery
- Always refer to manufacturer's instructions included with your battery
- To avoid injury, remove wrist watches and jewelry such as rings when replacing batteries. Use tools with insulated handles.
- Locate the battery compartment
- Disconnect wires from battery terminal
- Replace with new battery and reconnect wires to new battery terminal
- Recycle old battery.
Benefits of AJC® Replacement Batteries
- High quality, low cost replacement batteries for thousands of devices.
- Exact OEM replacements guaranteed to fit easily and precisely.
- Backed by easy 30-day returns and a 12-month warranty.
- Millions of batteries sold globally.
Dual Purpose Battery Care
- Visually inspect the battery regularly (once per month).
- Clean battery terminals occasionally with baking soda and water solution or a commercially available battery terminal cleaner. Make this part of your routine maintenance schedule. Keeping battery terminals clean will extend the battery life.
- Ensure terminal connections are tight and do not loosen over time. This will help prevent corrosion and unwanted discharge.
- Coat terminal connections with grease or other lubricant to prevent unwanted discharge.
- Ensure the battery is brought up to full charge when not being used. Batteries which fully discharge will have a shorter life and degraded performance.
- Store battery in cool, dry place (68°F/20°C).
- Recycle batteries, do not dispose.
Browse our full collection of Dual Purpose Boat and Marine Replacement Batteries plus our Dual Purpose RV Replacement Batteries